Veterans Education Training and Transition Program
Get to Work with Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech launches one-of-a-kind training and transition program for active duty service members and veterans that translates military values into a successful civilian career. The Veterans Education Training and Transition (VET2) program is a four-week program offered by Georgia Tech at no cost to service members.
Why It’s Vital
Entering the chaotic civilian job market can be challenging, and veterans transitioning from the military face employment hurdles.
Companies have openings and seek to hire professional military employees who have gained workforce training, applied content and experiential activities through Georgia Tech Professional Education.
How to Qualify
Active duty, Reserve or National Guard personnel with at least 4 years of honorable service and leadership experience.
Why It’s Unique
The VET2 program is one of the first in the nation of its kind that ties professional education with experiential learning.
Transitioning service members spend the first-week of the program in the classroom learning about the differences between the military and civilian organizations using customized content provided by the employer.
Service members then partner with a corporate sponsor for three-weeks during a paid internship to receive workforce experience. Veterans completing the program will also earn a professional certificate from a world-renowned academic institution.
How You Will Benefit
- Earn a stipend while enrolled in the program
- Gain an important credential from a highly-ranked university
- Receive real-world course content directly related to your employer partner
- Learn from an expert in the field of veteran employment (and fellow veteran)
- Gather crucial feedback from your employer partner on resume preparation, job performance and marketability
- Build education and experience for your resume
- Gain access to a program with the flexibility to align with your separation date
- Network with cohort members and employers
About the Instructor
Dr. James Wilburn, Ed.D., Georgia Tech Professional Education’s director for military programs, served for 22 years in the U.S. Army, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel. He previously taught at Vanderbilt University and West Point.