Military Transition Program
Employers need loyalty and integrity like yours. Together we can translate military values into success.
Georgia Tech launches one-of-a-kind training and transition program for active duty service members and veterans
Georgia Tech Professional Education is delivering on its promise to create unique programs for every point
on your continuum of learning with our new Veterans Education Training and Transition (VET2) Program.
How to Qualify
- Active duty, Reserve or National Guard personnel with at least 7 years of honorable service and leadership experience
VET2 is a full-time program and applicants need to be in a transition status or recently separated.
Why It’s Unique
The VET2 Program, which launched at Georgia Tech-Savannah (with plans to expand to other cities), combines Georgia Tech’s 40-plus years of professional education with experiential learning.
This four-week program is one of the first in the nation of its kind. Backed by the expertise of Georgia Tech, this program ties professional education with job experience. Transitioned service members partner with an employer for the program and receive classroom and online instruction.
Upon completion of the program, employers may offer veterans a paid placement opportunity. Consider it an extended interview for a full-time job. Vets will also earn CEUs and a professional certificate from a world-renowned academic institution.
Why It’s Vital
Entering the chaotic civilian job market can be challenging, and veterans who entered the military after 9-11 face employment hurdles.
Companies have openings and seek to hire professional military employees who have gained workforce training, applied content and experiential activities through Georgia Tech Professional Education.
How You Will Benefit
- Earn a stipend while enrolled in the program
- Gain an important credential from a highly-ranked university
- Receive real-world course content directly related to your employer partner
- Learn from an expert in the field of veteran employment (and fellow veteran)
- Gather crucial feedback from your employer partner on resume preparation, job performance and marketability
- Build education and experience for your resume
- Gain access to a program with the flexibility to align with your separation date
- Network with cohort members and employers
About the Instructor
Dr. James Wilburn, Ed.D., Georgia Tech Professional Education’s director for military programs, served for 22 years in the U.S. Army, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel. He previously taught at Vanderbilt University and West Point.